What we do
Learning in the 21st century is taking a new paradigm, so should be the learners. Our learning hub, Gemsland Learning & Development Centre has been innovating and synthesizing learning and innovation for almost a decade now.
(1) Instructional Materials Design & Development: As a learning & development centre, we develop instructional materials like textbooks, learning games, teaching aids, flashcards, etc for schools to make the teaching-learning process both fun-loving and impactful.
We have in our kitty different instructional materials like textbooks, learning games, teaching aids, etc covering different subject areas like: Mathematics, English Language, Science, French, Phonics, etc for both pre-school, nursery, primary and secondary schools.
(2) Learning Games Design & Development: Research has shown that kids are wired differently depending on the type of materials that they are exposed to or how they are taught. Some are wired through games; others through what they see and some other through outdoor learning. We have also discovered that to develop the total child, kids need work on their own, discover their own ingenuity and bring out the best in themselves as they explore and learn some new things. In this part of the world, learning tends to be too teacher-centred instead of being learner-centric. That was what brought about our learning games innovation which we introduced into schools about eight years ago.
At Gemsland Learning, we have developed a number of learning games to make classroom instruction interactive and impactful. With this, kid/pupils learn unconsciously while they have fun playing games. Besides, teaching is never a dull moment for teachers in the classroom.
Below are some of learning games:
- Smart Aleck
- Game Master
- Bible Quest
- Mr Prag’s Fun with Letters
- Mr Prag’s Fun with Colour & Shapes
(3) English Language Proficiency Progrmme (ELPP): Our English Language Proficiency Programme is aimed at helping every candidate speak right. The course covers: reading, writing, speaking and listening. It is an eight-week intensive proficiency programme that is offered both onsite (at our learning centre) and online.
After the completion of the course, the student is given a certificate of English Language Proficiency. ELPP is endorsed and accredited by our international educational partners abroad.
(4) Local Exams Registration & Preparation: Gemsland Learning also registers and train prospective applicants for local examinations like the:
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) – internal & external
- National Examination Council (NECO)
- University & Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
(5) Foreign Exams Registration/Training: As a learning centre, we also train and enroll prospective applicants for foreign exams like:
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Records Exams (GRE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- International General School Certificate Examination (IGCSE)
- American College Test (ACT)
(7) Stationery Supply: To meet the learning needs in schools, we also supply stationeries like books, learning games, flash cards, toys, furniture, etc.
(8) Gemsland Learning Club: We are aware that extra-curricula activities are part of learning. In this regard, we have our Gemsland Learning Club to discover gems in schools. Gemsland Learning Club educates pupils on social etiquettes, arts & craft, general knowledge, mathematics and sciences. We help prepare schools and kids for Spelling Bee Competition, Cowbellpedia, and other exciting competition. We also groom schools to discover geniuses and whizkids in schools. That is what makes us an all-inclusive learning centre.
(9) Gemsland Summer Experience (GSE): During summer, we organize exciting and fun-filling programmes for pupils from ages 5-15 years to make the summer a never-to-be-forgotten experience. During the GSE, we expose the kids to leadership, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, cooking, gaming & animation, painting, arts & craft and other skills.
(11) Summer Experience Abroad (SEA): At Gemsland Learning, we believe that education is not complete without travel or adventure. That is why we package summer programmes for schools, their pupils and their teachers in order to have a memorable summer experience abroad.
Our summer programme is not just for sight-seeing, but pupils have the opportunity of learning foreign language, take life skill courses, leadership/entrepreneurship, stay with host families, visit historical place and get certificate of participation upon completion. Some of our summer destinations are: UK, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, South Africa, etc.
(12) School Administration/Consultancy: Gemsland Learning offers support to schools in the area of school management, administration, staff recruitment, school improvement, enrolment strategies, staff motivation and management information system.
(13) Digital Marketing & Branding for Schools: We also offer specialized service in the area of digital marketing and branding to help school come up with a visible brand and also sustain school growth. Some of the services we offer are: graphics designing, school magazine design, printing and publishing and school branding.
(14) Adult Literacy Education (ALE): To ensure no one is left behind in all-inclusive education, and also boost literacy, we have the Adult Literacy Programme which is targeted at adults who needs to improve their literacy or who are not literate at all.
Our ALE programme is an 8-weeks intensive course that covers: reading, writing, speaking & listening. The programme is divided into four stages:
- Intermediate and
This programme is offered in our learning centre and is also delivered privately for interested applicants.
(15) Teach Abroad: Through our partnership and collaborations with many schools abroad and educational recruiting agencies, we also help teachers who would like to teach abroad get jobs. Besides, we also have summer teaching opportunities, volunteer programmes in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, etc depending on where teachers would like to teach.
subscribe to receive our daily news and updates